Ergebnis 1 bis 7 von 7

Cool Stellar Monarch 2

Guten Tag

Chris from Silver Lemur Games here. Unsually, I do not register on non EN forums but you have been giving me so much support since Stellar Monarch's first release (especially Vasquez; it was the first time ever someone asked for a banner to put on his site, just like that) that I wanted to drop by here and personally post this announcement.
    The announcement then: Stellar Monarch 2, a sequel to Stellar Monarch, is scheduled to be released as Early Access on Steam somewhere this year.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1...lar_Monarch_2/

Oh yes, one more thing, there are quite high chances that the game will be localized to DE, maybe even on the release day.

TO MODERATORS: Please move this topic wherever it's appropriate, I was posting trying to blind guess where it should go

Hauptmann Avatar von Pulk.
    Welcome Chris,
    New game looks good. Me likes the new Throneroom. Do you make your own art/graphics?

I would like to be able to micromanage more. Maybe optionally. Like decide which exact numbers of replacement ships goes where.
    Also more galaxy models like spiral. Currently there was only one round cluster.

Oh and if you are going to add a voice in your Steamtrailer i recommed a more serious Male one. Like from a very superioUs Emperor or first Councellor. The female voice oder speech from the first game did not fitt to the game very well.

Anyway. Its a day one buy for me. Estimated release date?

I'm glad they tried to teach me DE at school (not extremelly successful, but still) for a while, so at least I had a vague that I should click "Zitieren"

Zitat Zitat von Pulk. Beitrag anzeigen
    Welcome Chris,
    New game looks good. Me likes the new Throneroom. Do you make your own art/graphics?

I would like to be able to micromanage more. Maybe optionally. Like decide which exact numbers of replacement ships goes where.
    Also more galaxy models like spiral. Currently there was only one round cluster.

Oh and if you are going to add a voice in your Steamtrailer i recommed a more serious Male one. Like from a very superioUs Emperor or first Councellor. The female voice oder speech from the first game did not fitt to the game very well.

Anyway. Its a day one buy for me. Estimated release date?
    Graphics - nope, I have like 4 freelance artists that make the graphics for me. But I try to keep my art theory at some minimal decent level (color wheel thedory and the like) so I can talk with those artists and understand what they talk to me back

Trailer voice - yeah, some people loved it some hated it, very polarized opinions I will go for something more standard this time. Not sure there even should be voice over this time...

Micromanage - Generally the game tries to fight micro. That being said, I could consider some for of it for planets (Megalopolises only) https://steamcommunity.com/app/14377...8019098054201/ also if it's on a more abstracted/higher level (like micromanaging court or audiences) it's to be considered. As for exact number of ship replacement I would rather go for "build a starbase in place X", "Increase priority of border defence vs race X" or "put a priority defence marker on planet X". So, some options to manipulate stuff more to your wishes but never via "send exactly X ships there" (but "appoint an admiral to guard this planet" is much more in theme ).

Estimated EA realse 2021.

BTW, if you look for more details, etc I try to post them here: http://www.silverlemurgames.com/cate...lar-monarch-2/

Generalinspekteur Avatar von Vasquez
    Personally I also prefer Fleets Micro managing but looking forward to the new stuff as well.

Additionally wishes: The new houses (seven of them) sounds awesome. I would love to name them.
    I would rename them to the familiy names of real friends to find out who betrayes me at first :-l (*lurkes at Schakal).

Renaming ship models. If I would be a galactic emperor for sure i would be the one to give them names. No matter what

Hauptmann Avatar von Pulk.
    Also, I have an idea how to introduce ships obsolescence and even allow designing ships! Now you will have generations of ships with a possibility of using bunch of old, obsolete ships if your manufacturing can not pump up new ones fast enough. Overall, this part of the game will be more complex but at the same time easier to understand. All without introducing micromanagement of course.

Logistics system – In SM1 you operated on the “frontlines” in SM2 it will be modeled more like “point to point” defence as it was in the middle ages with fortresses. Logistics system with starbases will be an important part of it. So, instead of moving individual squadrons around you would worry more about ground infrastructure to support efficient conquest and border defence.
    BOTH IDEAS are great. Cant wait how this develops.

Zitat Zitat von Vasquez Beitrag anzeigen
    Personally I also prefer Fleets Micro managing but looking forward to the new stuff as well.
    That's one of the reasons why I decided on a sequel. With the amount of changes planned I would destroy the game for many if I were to apply those changes to Stellar Monarch now. With a sequel you would still be able to play the old SM if you wished to

Zitat Zitat von Vasquez Beitrag anzeigen
    Additionally wishes: The new houses (seven of them) sounds awesome. I would love to name them.
    I would rename them to the familiy names of real friends to find out who betrayes me at first :-l (*lurkes at Schakal).

Renaming ship models. If I would be a galactic emperor for sure i would be the one to give them names. No matter what
    Please bring it up again during/after EA. Since this won't be implemented at the start of EA for sure but it's worth it for later.